No-Bake Muesli Energy Bites with Almond Butter
prep 15 mins | refrigerate 1 hour | total 1 hour, 10 mins
Recipe Notes: option for gluten-free (use gluten-free oats), option for plant-based (maple syrup instead of honey), dairy-free, egg-free, wheat-free
US cups | Metric | Imperial
1/8 cup | 15g | 1/2 oz
1/4 cup | 30g | 1 oz
1/3 cup | 40g | 1 1/2 oz
1/2 cup | 65g | 2 1/4 oz
- 1 and 1/2 cups muesli (plain rolled oats are fine too)
- 1/2 shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional: sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Whirl the muesli, coconut, seeds of choice and chocolate chips in your food processor until you’ve turned it into very small bits, or almost flour. The dried fruit will remain in larger pieces – this is totally fine. The chocolate might also stay in bigger chunks – also totally fine, and in fact, quite delicious.
- Dump this mix into a large bowl.
- In a small sauce pan and over very low heat, gently whisk together almond butter, raw honey, coconut oil, pink salt, and vanilla extract until smooth and a bit pourable.
- Pour over the dry mix and stir until all dry parts are well coated and mixture holds its shape when squeezed into a ball.
- Roll into balls or press into an 8×8 pan and store in an airtight container in the fridge. For best shape, eat right from the fridge or keep cool.